After a trip to Brazil, I was definitely convinced to use tapioca into my diet as it is gluten free.
I have checked a couple of blogs and got inspired by Thepaleoprize.com to make homemade gluten free chocolate chip cookies.
My first attempt was not amazing as they spread out all over the place so I have decided to use a cupcake baking tray (I know I know..) but they came up pretty nice.
The recipe is below:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg (organic if possible)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder (I have found a gluten, wheat, milk, egg, nut, soya and yeast free)
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips
1. Combine the tapioca flour, coconut flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
2. Mix the butter and coconut sugar (I used an electric mixer), then add the organic egg.
3. Add the rest into the mixer.
4. Add the chocolate chip in the mix, keep some to add on top.
5. Add a tablespoon-sized balls of dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet or use the cup cake tray. If you use a cup cake tray, they won’t be like cookies but more like muffins!
6. Cook for 10min at 375 degrees
Hope you enjoy this!